• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another set of deuce ramps

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the junkyard and cut out up a medium duty truck frame. 7 X 3 X 1/4 inch channel, 12 foot long. Price was right, free! One of the old time junk yards you can still wrench yourself. About 2-3 hours to cut out the frame, and clean out all the crossmembers. About an hour to trim to length, with holes for attaching to bed. I LOVE my torches! The narrow jeep tires fit great with the channel flipped up, if flipped the other way, could load a vehicle with wider tires. Ramps weigh 120 pounds each. Not sure how much they could hold, the jeep bends them around an inch in the middle.

Seemed a pretty darn good idea to me, tell me what ya think.
Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did that already. Made a shop van camper trailer. Looked funny and wasn't too practical. Besides, i'm fresh out of deuce beds. I am working on a different kind of trailer though. Should be sweet if I can ever get a deal on the M36 bed.

Warren Lovell

What vehicle did the frame rails come from? I bet if you welded a removeable center support to the ground, your flexing would be limited to the local poolside!

Warren

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thought of my body flexing anything is quite amusing.... I may modify the ramps some more, but am in a hurry to get the truck ready for Haspin. Putting a hitch for my camper on it at the moment.

When I got the rails, the truck was already stripped to the frame and axles. It did have 20 inch 6 hole rims, and the studs on the duals looked just like a deuce. Was a single axle, 2wd truck.
Dennis

Last edited: