• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antique Military Generator

03silverado

I have aquired an old military generator and have no idea how old it is or who made it. it has a single cylinder Briggs & Stratton engine and a small generator no roll cage. it does run it can be hand started or hooked to a 12 volt battery and starts itself, very cool genset but would like to know more try to get pictures up.:driver:

03silverado

That red generator is exactly what this one looks like ill post some pics the one I have has been slightly modified such as an aftermarket fuel tank and it is still mounted on that steel plate do you have any idea what they were used for?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why yes I do. They are specifically designed to go into a Quad Mount, which is a electrically powered turret that mounts 4 each 50 caliber machine guns. The quads were mounted in half tracks during WWII and deuces during Viet Nam. The generators are sought after by people restoring these type vehicles. I've got complete ones and parts.