• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL Any experiences with titles for a M35A2 ( obtaining or having one transfered over to your name)

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So do I start the zeros from the beginning or the end and all in order ? Thanks
I recommend that you don't do anything with zeros.

If DMV wants to, then let them do it.

I have had a bad experience where DMV added zeros and insurance did not. This resulted in a mismatch between DMV and insurance and DMV revoked my plates. The first I found out about it was when they pulled me over for revoked plates.

Adding zeroes is at best a work around for their system.

dilligaf13

I'm in Florida and have titled, registered and insured probably a dozen M35A2s (restored and bobbed ones) and a half dozen various 5 tons. If the vehicle has a Florida title it's simply filling out this paperwork below and mailing a check to Tallahassee. If you don't have a title DM me and I'll walk you through what you'll need to do. I've had some $hit$how title situations here in Florida from old wood trucks to former military trucks to who knows what. State of Florida (flhsmv.gov)

Thanks Dilligaf, sorry for not responding earlier, been busy with daily life but i appreciate that you are willing to give me a helping hand in case I get one without a title. But been saving and saving and scoping around incase I see any for a good deal.:-D

P-Shooter

I just wanted to contribute my recent experience. I am in Florida and just acquired an M35A3 and was calling around for insurance. Everyone I have talked to requires garaging in Florida. I called Gulfway and they told me that they can't get policies written through the one company, Travelers I think, and now they go through Hagerty so they couldn't help me. I am still waiting on a call back from Progressive to see if I can go that route.
I am still working on getting the title so I haven't messed with that yet. But I have registered plenty of things in Florida so I don't expect any trouble.

I called every company I could think of to get insurance on my M939 and the only place that would touch it was Hagerty. I had initially worked with Don Filer insurance broker, they are the ones that told me they went through Hagerty for those types of rigs. With them they really recommend of course having the liabilities increased as the size of the vehicle is so massive that if you are involved in any type of accident the damage is going to be great for the other vehicle. I pay for the insurance a year at a time and it’s $1300 a year. If anyone has recommendations on a cheaper company I’m interested to know. Thanks. I can tell you progressive told me they don’t cover it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I called every company I could think of to get insurance on my M939 and the only place that would touch it was Hagerty. I had initially worked with Don Filer insurance broker, they are the ones that told me they went through Hagerty for those types of rigs. With them they really recommend of course having the liabilities increased as the size of the vehicle is so massive that if you are involved in any type of accident the damage is going to be great for the other vehicle. I pay for the insurance a year at a time and it’s $1300 a year. If anyone has recommendations on a cheaper company I’m interested to know. Thanks. I can tell you progressive told me they don’t cover it.
You are in a different state - but here - the local State Farm or the local Farm Bureau will write a policy for less money than that. Having said that, my State Farm agent (that already had my personal vehicles for the last 20 years) said no.

I plugged in state farm and my zip code. Started calling. First three numbers were either an answering machine or no. Fourth guy said yes and that he had several big green trucks insured at his agency. He wrote me a policy and came out to take some pictures of the truck. While he was here, he explained that he had written a commercial policy to give me higher coverage limits. AND, the commercial doesn't mean that you are a commercial truck either (just so you know).

Short answer: Don't take no for an answer. Especially if you have several agents in your general area.

WOLF DOG

I have my 1970 Deuce insured by JC Taylor, however they too require it to be housed inside a building. Cost approx $180 per year here in Maryland

Bobweb

That's pretty interesting, but all this insurance stuff makes me contemplate on getting one cause of the horror stories I've heard and people at dmvs not knowing about them and not wanting to help you out. Sorry guys it's just gets me worried about what if I get one and they won't insure it.
I went through a lot to get mine on the road in Florida. I would have to write a book in order to explain. If you or anyone needs help or advice with titling and insuring in Florida, please don’t hesitate to pm me and we can talk on the phone.

I shopped around for insurance on my M939 after being overcharged by Hagerty initially. I found a great price through Grundy for $248 a year if paid in full upfront. Of course the usual “it has to be parked in a secured shop/garage” which I am able to do. Then out of curiosity I did an online quote through Hagerty and when I did it came back at $398 for a year, so not sure why they charged me $1300 for it initially. I’m going to go through Grundy as they’re cheaper and didn’t play games initially.

338ken

Thanks guys and thanks computerdoc, yeah I've read hagerty requires it to be in a barn or garage for it to be insured(ridiculous). But I've been reading about gulfway insurance and that they're pretty good with insuring Deuce's. And hummer guy, could you tell me more about the vin issue too if you don't mind? Never knew about a vin issue with them sometimes. Thanks for the tips and pointers and looking to hear from yall again.
Mike
Called Gulfway today and they can no longer insure them

Bobweb

To the best of my knowledge and research, hagarty is the only non-commercial ins. Company that will insure military vehicles in the state of Florida.

if you have a business, and use commercial insurance for your trucks such as progressive commercial insurance ect……I have heard people also
Insuring their military vehicles under the commercial policy but I have no experience with this. It took me 6 months of jumping through hoops to get my m35a2 on the road. I had to go all the way to the state attorney generals office. The dmv here in collier county denied me of my rights multiple times. Good luck with it all, like I said before up top, if u want to talk pm me and I’ll tell you the whole story.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks