• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any first timers have a 5143 auction clear yet?

67_C-30

C-30, I have been thinking about that, sending them a note. Honestly the only thing that has stopped me is the fact that I see SO many others are going though the same situation. I KNOW it’s only a matter of days now and I don’t want to be one of those unlucky ones were GL decided on their own to end it all and refund the money. My EUC is for a couple of 3/4 ton trailers that I can actually see (but not take) almost any weekday. I work about 10 min away from where they sit. Also, I have a buddy here at work that has an identical trailer I can borrow anytime when I need it while I wait.

On a different note, let us know how the M1009 turned out! I’m looking for one up here and have a few to look at the next few weeks. Good luck and I hope everything goes well with your pickup!

I recovered my M1009 today, and I'm very happy with it. It had a dead battery and was a little low on transmission fluid, but it runs a drives great.. It even has a perfect, uncracked dash pad! Everything works except the rear window regulator and needs a driver's window due to being broken. It has a little rust in the rockers, but that typical with these trucks. Overall I'm pleased, and I can't wait to fix the little problems and put a fresh coat of CARC on it.

Seth_O

So under advice from another thread I finally broke down and emailed DLA. I sent them a quick note inquiring about the status of my EUC and the apparent delay (100 days tomorrow!) They came back with a request for some additional info, which I provided and then I recieved the following response:

Dear Sir

Your inquiry to the DLA Disposition Services Customer Service office
requesting status of the End Use Certificate you submitted in support of
your recent purchase with Government Liquidation (GL) was forwarded to me for direct response to you.

The DLA Accountability office responsible for issuing a Trade Security
Control (TSC) clearance to buyers advises that your clearance is still
pending. Because a vehicle you are purchasing has a demilitarization
code of "F" assigned, the Accountability office requires a
demilitarization certificate in order to complete their clearance process. We provided the certifications to the DLA Accountability office today and they will expedite your TSC assessment and advise GL once completed.

I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Sales Contracting Officer
DLA Disposition Services - Battle Creek

Seems like good news, hopefully I can see my PIF soon. Will keep folks updated on if this tactic worked.

To get to this point, I just went to the DLA website (DLA Disposition Services) and clicked on the Contact Us link. I sent them a very quick email on my situation, and then followed up with the sales # and my address listed on file with GL. The above was the result.

wholden

So under advice from another thread I finally broke down and emailed DLA. I sent them a quick note inquiring about the status of my EUC and the apparent delay (100 days tomorrow!) They came back with a request for some additional info, which I provided and then I recieved the following response:

Dear Sir

Your inquiry to the DLA Disposition Services Customer Service office
requesting status of the End Use Certificate you submitted in support of
your recent purchase with Government Liquidation (GL) was forwarded to me for direct response to you.

The DLA Accountability office responsible for issuing a Trade Security
Control (TSC) clearance to buyers advises that your clearance is still
pending. Because a vehicle you are purchasing has a demilitarization
code of "F" assigned, the Accountability office requires a
demilitarization certificate in order to complete their clearance process. We provided the certifications to the DLA Accountability office today and they will expedite your TSC assessment and advise GL once completed.

I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Seems like good news, hopefully I can see my PIF soon. Will keep folks updated on if this tactic worked.

To get to this point, I just went to the DLA website (DLA Disposition Services) and clicked on the Contact Us link. I sent them a very quick email on my situation, and then followed up with the sales # and my address listed on file with GL. The above was the result.

Thanks for the info! I just sent an email like yours since Im sitting at 106 days now for one and 78 days for another. Im looking forward to an answer!

Seth_O

Today I received this happy surprise in my email inbox:

Sir,

The DLA Accountability office advises they have favorably assessed your
EUC today and advised GL of the clearance. I suspect you will be
hearing from GL soon.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
<<crm_pdf_print.pdf>>

Woot! Feels like the end is near :). As if that wasn't enough, the wife agreed today to let me buy an M105. May need to stop by the Kwik-E-Mart on the way home and pickup a lotto ticket, seems to be my day today.....

wholden

All I can say is WOW..... And ME TO!!!!!

Today I received this happy surprise in my email inbox:

Sir,

The DLA Accountability office advises they have favorably assessed your
EUC today and advised GL of the clearance. I suspect you will be
hearing from GL soon.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
<<crm_pdf_print.pdf>>

Woot! Feels like the end is near :). As if that wasn't enough, the wife agreed today to let me buy an M105. May need to stop by the Kwik-E-Mart on the way home and pickup a lotto ticket, seems to be my day today.....
Ok, today I took your advice, got up early and sent the same email like you did before going to work. By 11:45 I got not one but TWO paid in full invoices from GL. It COULD be just a coincidence, one was 106 days and one was around 79 days. Yes, these were my first's. No other emails followed but finally I can go pick up the trailers and engine. I really hope there was a clean out of the clog somewhere and everyone else gets thought a bit quicker. We can only hope!

Seth_O

So under advice from another thread I finally broke down and emailed DLA. I sent them a quick note inquiring about the status of my EUC and the apparent delay (100 days tomorrow!) .... hopefully I can see my PIF soon. Will keep folks updated on if this tactic worked.

To get to this point, I just went to the DLA website (DLA Disposition Services) and clicked on the Contact Us link. I sent them a very quick email on my situation, and then followed up with the sales # and my address listed on file with GL.
I received my PIF invoice today! I am relatively certain the steps I took were effective in getting my EUC clearance moving along. It was a non-confrontational, professional approach working within the system that was ultimately effective. Highly recommended for those of you waiting for clearance an unreasonable length of time.

Last edited:

wholden

I received my PIF invoice today! I am relatively certain the steps I took were effective in getting my EUC clearance moving along. It was a non-confrontational, professional approach working within the system that was ultimately effective. Highly recommended for those of you waiting for clearance an unreasonable length of time.
Great news Seth! I hope others follow your advise like I did, it worked for me and hopefully will for others.

Will

67_C-30

Ok, today I took your advice, got up early and sent the same email like you did before going to work. By 11:45 I got not one but TWO paid in full invoices from GL. It COULD be just a coincidence, one was 106 days and one was around 79 days. Yes, these were my first's. No other emails followed but finally I can go pick up the trailers and engine. I really hope there was a clean out of the clog somewhere and everyone else gets thought a bit quicker. We can only hope!
It was the same for me. I got a response from them, and about 10 minutes later (I get email notifications on my Blackberry) I got my PIF invoice. I don't know if I buy the coincidence thing. Whyme, me, and now you have all had the same "coincidence" happen if it is!

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
to answer OP ? my wifes deuce in event 5143 which was her 1st GL transaction:
EUC Status history:

StatusDateSubmission of EUC Pending04/22/2010EUC revisions requested from Customer04/27/2010EUC sent to Battle Creek04/28/2010Approved07/14/2010Customer Notified07/14/2010

Kohburn

the DLA seems to get things taken care of - I'd recommend an email to them for anybody over 60 days.

Flyingvan911

I won the deuce on 3-26-10 and I went to the lot a few weeks later to check the truck to see if I needed to get anything major for it. I was the sticker in the windshield varifying that it had been checked for radium. They must be having trouble putting an F in place of the Q on the paperwork.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks