• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Members Near Orlando FL Recommend a Shop for Diesel Repairs?

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looking for any members in Central Florida that might be able to recommend a shop to change out stuck and broken glow plugs in a 6.2 Detroit Diesel?

Not many shops are willing to work on Humvees :(

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a small shop in Mims on US 1 by 46 that only works on diesels and mostly older ones. It’s called Heart of Dixie transmission and diesel repair. They might work on them.

Last edited:

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from three shops and they all wanted to remove both heads and send them off to a machine shop to have the two butchered glow plugs removed. One said he would not be interested to R&R the heads, and another said they were too busy to tackle head removal. Diesel Truck Shop & Repair / Inland Truck Repair, Inc. was willing to tackle the head removal and repair but they said they would only do it flat rate at $145/hour as they are not sure what else they will run into. No limit.

I have been advised by forum experts to let it run on 6 glow plugs in Florida It runs great, and starts fine here in the Florida Inferno. I am afraid if I try anything more myself, it might not run at all!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks