• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody know where to get lift shackles?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are talking 4 or 5 inches of lift. Should not be an issue running correct driveline geometry. Dissimilar u joint angle is a patch at best unless running CV joints. Any competent driveline engineer will advise the same.

richingalveston

I have a vibration issue with my 09 at this time due to a 5 inch lift and moving the transfercase back 2 inches with the 4l80e install. since it is a 1009 and not a truck with longer driveshaft thus less angle, I cannot rotate my rear axle down enough to get rid of the vibration without the tcase end of the driveshaft binding due to to much angle. This is why my truck is sitting until new tcase and cv driveshafts are installed. if you drop the tcase without a clocking ring it then makes the front shaft angle to high. with non-cv style driveshafts, if the top and bottom angles are not close, it does not work. I can only run my 1009 on jack stands at this time to test the trans controller, it will vibrate even on jack stands with no load if you try to rev it to fast.

Moto4Life

:ditto: If you want to retain the factory load rating a shackle flip would be your best bet, maybe with a block if you want to net more lift. As far as driveshaft angle goes, you can get away with running shims or lift blocks with a built in taper to rotate the axle and change pinion angle. I ran a stock driveshaft (1410 u joints at either end) with 8 inches of lift and 2 degrees of pinion rotation on my 03 silverado with no problems for 100k miles.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The facts on driveline angles. http://4xshaft.com/ At the top click on tech info the scroll down to Geometry 101. Despite the fact that Tom Woods is a premier driveline engineer, many here will argue that dissimilar joint angles are OK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks