• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone care to de-code this VIN for me please?

Croatan_Kid

Hey yall! Brand new member here, I've used this site and forums for references several times and just decided to join. You can never be a member of too many forums :D

Anyway, I'm currently in pursuit of a M1008 on GL and it doesn't list the year but has the VIN and I'm sure someone can tell me what year it is and what other kinda goodies it has, if any other than the normal CUCV stuff.

1GCGD34J4GF306018
86,825 miles
little to no rust
doesn't say that it runs, but it will if it doesn't
all the parts are there

Also, if anybody could sorta help me out with the procedures that I need to follow up on when dealing with GL, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Jake

Comes back as a 1986 from the Flint factory.

Nice looking truck, good luck on the bidding. From what I read GL can go from slight PITA up to unholy terrors to deal with.

Croatan_Kid

Awesome! I was hoping it was anything but an 84 really, I heard there were problems in 84, most were worked out in 85 and in 86 everything was good to go. I did finally win it with about 20 seconds to go on the auction. Price wasn't bad and it seems to be in pretty good shape, now I just gotta regain financial stability to start modding it.

Thanks

acetomatoco

your fears of 84s are unfounded...they are all the same for all practical purposes. Make sure you read all the GL rules you signed off on when you bid...

I agree with Ace - dig in to almost any CUCV and you'll find it's a hodgepodge of parts from different years, either due to replacement while in service, or just from the assembly plant using up old stock.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Last Unit

According to what I found, your vehicle last belonged to the 9th Psychological Operations Battalion, Headquarters and Headquarters Company at Ft Bragg. The vehicle registration number should be NG1Q7J .

Always kinda nice to know where vehicles came from.

Croatan_Kid

Sweet, thanks! Yeah, I agree it's nice to know where your stuff came from. I was cleaning my daily driver and found a registration card from the last owner, that was kinda cool. Anyway, I have read the rules and regulations serveral times over, the truck is paid for, I have the PAID-IN-FULL invoice and now all I have to do is arrange for a pickup date, borrow my friends truck and trailer, and figure out what paper work needs to be done. Sounds like I have my work cut out for me. If anybody can shed some light on the paper work issue, that'd be great. GL doesn't exaclty over indulge you with information concerning the proper procedures....