• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever modify their spring seat bases to use airbags?

dma251

I just bought a set of Recaro orthopedic seats for my XM813 truck, and I am thinking of buying a Bostrom style airseat base for the driver's side and move my spring seat base to the passenger side.

The other thought I had was in looking at the stock spring base, it seems like it would be pretty simple to just remove the spring and install an air-seat airbag in place and plumb it in.

Does anyone know if this is 1. Possible? 2. Worth doing? Is it comfortable? 3. Which airbag shold I use? 4. How are the air controls plumbed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks