• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone have an extra winch bumper???

forklift

So...A guy just gave me a winch off a duece for free! I think it's the happiest day of my life(I guess second to the day I drove my truck home). Anyways, aparrently, there is a brass ring inside it that needs replacing. I have no idea what I'm doing or what else I need. It has a short shaft on it. I'm assuming that it goes to something that conects it to another shaft since there's no way it is long enough to get to a pto. I need a pto that has two outlets( I'm putting in a dump hoist on the back) and who knows what else. Any info or parts would be appreciated. I can come piak up whatever and would pay a fare price. I also would like to find a heater if anyone has a spare kicking around.

Also, check out the toy I'm buying

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch bumper?? Just take yours and install it upside down. But first you have to find the special frame extensions, winch brackets, hardware, one complete drive shaft (multifuel and gas are different!) and in your case, the WND-7-28 PTO. Don't forget shifter & brackets plus linkage for both, PTO winch- and rear output. Dig into the manuals, it's all in there!
Note that the headlight supports are also rotated 180º. I could help with some pics if necessary.

Good luck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one of them there PTOs. Traded it for the engine in the wrecker. Call Matt at M-Trucking, tell him Kenny sent you. He has the PTO still bolted on the gasser tranny which is still bolted to the gasser engine that is no longer bolted to the M108 that has the engine bolted in that was traded for the PTO. Oh yeah, (954)523-1913 is Matt's number.

eddiec

just get me a list off what all you need for your winch, i can get it all down here. or, if you'd rather, i could take you there, and you could go shopping for yourself.

williamh

here is the first thing that i see thats wrong .. there is no oil or grease leaking from anything .. you should check you fluid levels as soon as you can ! :grd:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
williamh said:
.. there is no oil or grease leaking from anything ..
... you know, that's the reason I had to paint everything, otherwise it gets so ugly rusty... :)
Btw. do deuces leak? :) :lol:

Crazyguyla

what are the demensions for the welded winch brackets? might be easier to have them fabricated then try to locate them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks