• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have any Idea what this is for?

Crazyguypa

I notice what appears to be some type of cylindrical holder. It is attached by the passenger door behind the exhaust stack. Maybe for a spotlight on a pole :?:

There is also a place on the outside of the holder to bolt something to. If I knew what the holder was for, it might shed light on what may have attached here. Has anyone ever seen this before or have one on their truck and can enlighten me.

Attachments

Crazyguypa

Oh really :D The wife said I could put anything on the truck, all except the Machine Gun..... Guess Ill have to tell her it came with the truck 8)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a lot of trucks coming out now with that mount. Didn't realize there were that many deuces out there in service with the gun ring.

saddamsnightmare

Post Mount for M66 Gun Ring on exhaust Stack bracket

:D My M35A2 Wo/W cargo (Kaiser Jeep, 1971) has the same set of brackets on the exhaust stack mounts, so I suspect that most of these trucks came with that mounting as standard. What I find interesting is that on the driver's side some Maintenance type hooked the butterfly nut for my windshield lock, and some other catbird substituted a machine nut in its place. Due to the hard top and many coats of paint (last one in 1990/1991 for Desert Storm), the butterfly nut's pretty well locked in place, ain't gonna vibrate loose anytime soon. Did they ever fit these critters with stack covers?

Regards,

Kyle F. McGrogan
1971 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep Wo/W "Saddams Nightmare"
1963 Swiss Unimog 404.114

houdel

All Deuces IIRC came with the mount on the passenger door. In addition to the mg ring mount, they were also used to mount convoy flags to identify various march units in the convoy.