• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have Florida registration for their M915/M916/M920?

Tapper02

I am currently active duty military and recently relocated from California to Tennessee. Florida is my home of record, so all of my vehicles are registered through the FLHSMV except my M915A1 and M871, which are registered in CA due to the ease of transferring the title/registration when I bought them in 2021. The M915A1 has "Historic" plates and the trailer has a Permanent Trailer registration.
I could register them in Tennessee but the rates are higher, so I'm looking at applying for antique tags in Florida as they qualify as "Former Military Vehicle (regardless of the vehicle's age)." There's an additional $10 charge as it's GVW is over 10,000 lbs.

This vehicle is NOT used for commercial purposes. It is used only to transport other MVs to/from shows/events and also participates in those displays.

Anyone else here register a 5-ton or larger in Florida?

Thanks, Tom

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am currently active duty military and recently relocated from California to Tennessee. Florida is my home of record, so all of my vehicles are registered through the FLHSMV except my M915A1 and M871, which are registered in CA due to the ease of transferring the title/registration when I bought them in 2021. The M915A1 has "Historic" plates and the trailer has a Permanent Trailer registration.
I could register them in Tennessee but the rates are higher, so I'm looking at applying for antique tags in Florida as they qualify as "Former Military Vehicle (regardless of the vehicle's age)." There's an additional $10 charge as it's GVW is over 10,000 lbs.

This vehicle is NOT used for commercial purposes. It is used only to transport other MVs to/from shows/events and also participates in those displays.

Thanks, Tom
Tom, member @Floridianson should be able to answer that for you.

He has a 915 that he drives regularly.
Might even be able to offer insurance information too...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks, Tom
The trailer tag is a one time only fee like 75 bucks and an antique tag is a one time fee around 100 buck depending on your county so 175 and never again aint bad !

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Florida, the permanent semi trailer tags are for trailers that are pulled by GVW registered tractors. My M915A1 and M393A2 are both registered historic and have permanent antique tags.

Jeff Lakaszcyck

I live in Florida and just went through the process to get a permanent antique tag for my 10 ton M123A1C. It is always an adventure dealing with the DMV. It sounds like you already know that you can not get an antique tag for a large truck through the local DMV office, there is a form you have to mail in to Tallahassee with a check. It usually takes at least two tries. I'm going to send you a PM detailing what I had to do on the 10 ton.

Ajax MD

You might also check with the Florida Military Vehicle Heritage Group. They have a Facebook page, and maybe a website.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks