• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone heard of Goodyear Super Hi-miler Tires?

cgtboy1988

Hi everyone,
I am working on getting new tires for my M109A3. Right now, it is sitting on 9.00x20 stock NDTs. I am trying to get some taller tires on to get top speed up a little. I found some Goodyear Super Hi-Miler 11.00x20 tires for about $75 ea shipped (with 10 lug wheel that will be set aside). The condition of the tires is great- light use followed by inside storage. Supposedly stored for use with military trailers. The tires look like they would do well on the highway, but I worry about the mild tread in snow, mud, and just generally offroad. Has anyone had any experience with these tires before? I cannot seem to dig up much on them.
Thanks in advance for any info.

andy3

Ah, many of the big truck guys will be able to answer better. That is a Goodyear design out since the early 60's. Check the date code on them. Made for road use. Did that batch come out of SD?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You wil find those by the thousands on connex chassis. The chassis use 1000x20 though. Probably not worth the effort to swap andmwillnbe horrific off road or as drive tires in snow.

cgtboy1988

By the feedback, I think I will be passing on these. For future reference, what part of the tire suggests its a trailer tire? The reason I ask is because the guy might also have a complete set of G286 tires he could sell at the same price, but I am thinking that if they were from the same lot they may also be trailer tires?

Last edited:

andy3

G286 are listed as all position retreads. The tread is not gig greedier but I can's speak to their mud and snow performance. A set of chains would take care of that.

rustystud

G286 are listed as all position retreads. The tread is not gig greedier but I can's speak to their mud and snow performance. A set of chains would take care of that.
I've used the Super Hi Milers tires. There a great hiway tire. A lot of transit agency's use them too. They are made from a very hard compound that lasts a long time on the road, but they are terrible off-road and in snow. They are not trailer tires, but can be used as such. Semi -Trucks use them a lot in the South-West. Like I said they last a long time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks