• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone install seat belts?

signsup

If I'm reading my GA statutes correctly, all vehicles on state roads built after 1954 must have turn signals and vehicles built after 1965 must have seat belts. So, my Kaiser M715 built in 1967 should have both. It has the military wiring and turn signals, but no seat belts. Nor any indication that any were ever installed by the factory, the military, or Bubba fire department. So, has anyone installed seat belts in their Kaiser? And, if so, pics?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did.

Let me find the link and you can get the same ones I did. They're lap belts, self retracting and easy to use/install.

When I get home in a couple weeks, I'll take pics for you of the install.

signsup

Sounds great. I have a tote of military NOS seat belts for Mutts and Humvees that I was hoping to use if I have to. But I've seen other just put the least expensive belts in their rig to pass an inspection or keep Momma happy. If I'm gonna do it, I'd like to do it right. This might be an easier solution than trying to install turn signzls on my M38A1 that never had them.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds great. I have a tote of military NOS seat belts for Mutts and Humvees that I was hoping to use if I have to. But I've seen other just put the least expensive belts in their rig to pass an inspection or keep Momma happy. If I'm gonna do it, I'd like to do it right. This might be an easier solution than trying to install turn signzls on my M38A1 that never had them.
Like I said, if you can wait til I get home (around Thanksgiving) I'll be glad to take pics. I *did* have to modify the plastic cover a little, but it all worked out.

Barrman

Threaded holes are in the floor already so seat belts are easy. I used HMMWV ones. I like the idea of self retracting models. A wet muddy strap across your lap is not always good.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As mentioned above, the threaded holes for 2-point belts came with the truck, you just have to find them and clean them out.

If you want 3-point belts, here (post 25) is briefly how I put Humvee seatbelts in mine. If you choose to go that route, I can provide more detail.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks