• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know the curb weight of the 5 ton?

Rene M

Is it over 26,500 lbs? The " deuce" i was going to look at has turned out to be a 5 ton. I want to go look at it but if its over 26k then it will have to be a Commercial tag and a cdl to drive. While i have a class B CDL " im a heavy Diesel tech" i do not want to have to jump through those hoops.
Im sorry if this is not the right place for this, i think there is a over 5 ton area on this forum.

Rene M

Not till Wednesday when i drive two states over to look at the truck. I have been doing a crash course in 5 ton and i have to say i know that NHC-250 Cumming in my line of work and with out a turbo on them......
For a brief time they " Cummins" tried to put them in the open market and they failed miserably. Any one have experience with them? Mine is limited but all bad. :(

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weights are listed in the Tech Manuals. Look in the -10 manual(ends with).

emr

interesting...,All the diesel motor heads I know say those 250's will run forever, they were/are bullet proof motors in the military system,They are not over the road screamers, but served extremely well. U have alot to read up on if serious , and it "all" is in the past forums in this site,There is just so much to know about these trucks the best way to learn is to buy one drive it and experience it, I have taken that route on a few and took it seriously, The first thing U should know is that the military repowers trucks along there life, and not the same way to all series of contract trucks, the G-908 or M809 series trucks u want info on, have the 250 cummins, it replaced the G-744 series of truck, I believe the trans was retained in this model from the ol" gasser and multi days of the later, and gives this truck the extremly low geared wine thru the gears that this cummins has, and to me is what makes this truck what it is, slow and tough, and as for registration, it has been gone over so much here, it is amazing, read up, ...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks