• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near New Castle, Delaware?

Z71

I was thinking about buying a truck from GL in New Castle, Delaware, but if I won the auction and wanted to drive the truck home to Florida (about 1000 miles), I would like to be able to take it to someplace nearby to have the truck looked over, change or at least top off all the fluids, check the brakes, and to make necessary repairs to make the truck roadworthy if required. Any military truck dealers/MV members nearby who would be willing to do this (for a reasonable compensation of course)?

An alternative would be to have the truck shipped. It is a shop van and it is just over 11 ft tall. I am guessing it would cost at least $ 2,500 to ship it to central Florida.

Last edited:

fasttruck

There is a Frfeightliner service point about a mile from New Castle Yard on Terminal AVwhich appears to be big enough to handle oil changes and such.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just did a pickup at new Castle. Dont breakdown. Very Bad neiborhood. You have to go through bad neiborhoods to get to the site. Its protected with motion cameras and motion detectors. Outside of the gate you are easy prey at night. The hotels are crack houses and prositution. Also they have a forklift on its last legs. Cost me 350.00 to have a wrecker load stuff!..Always figure in extra costs for loading trucks unless the trucker has a winch.
Just a note to rmember..otherwise a very nice auction and very large one with alot of neat stuff!..
kevin..

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
If tis a runner,I might be able to pick it up for a fee.If not I can have it hauled here and go over it for you.john 410-808-5227.

FatBuddhaBoo

I lived in Wilmington 15+ years ago, don't remember it being that bad...though being newly married with a newborn we didn't venture far from the apartment.

Good to know though that caution is warranted if picking up there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks