• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone own or built the jack support for the Front End Loader Removal ?

peakbagger

I decided the loader is coming off for my brake issue diagnosis as the loader frame really impacts access under the hood. I have a bare side crank screw jack coming and the spot the jack needs to plug into is pretty obvious but I will need to weld up an adaptor between the jack body and the jacking point. Anyone have any pictures of their rigs?.

When I had the major electrical project years ago to fix rat damage, I did plenty of crawling up over and around that frame but decided that I really do not want to do it again. I am also looking at a future garage design for a new house and the SEE takes up a lot less space with the loader removed. The loader can stay outside while the rest can go inside.

I have read of past struggles getting the loader frame off the mounts so I expect a fair share of penetrant and occasional heating with a torch to make things interesting. That is another reason to build a jack instead of rigging something up is I expect a lot of banging and hopefully not a lot of crashing goes with the removal and subsequent replacement.

I will wait until the major fabrication is done to decide if I extend the crank handle off to the outside of the loader frame to avoid getting in the line of fire.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted photos of my simple home made stand in the owners thread some time ago.

With some luck I'll remember to take a photo of it, as I saw it in the shed the other day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks