• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Running Smittybilts?

tgtaylor64

Just got a set of Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers for my M1009 in OD for Christmas. Excellent product and fit. Just wondering if others have them and what kind of parts/gear they are putting in the MOLLE pockets.

Dock Rocker

I have plans to add a set when I get the interior finished. What part number did you get to fit the blazer seats? They are a great cover and work well. A little on the spendy side but worth it. The lack of storage in these things makes these covers worth the money.

wrex

First thing I ordered when I got my CUCV. LOVE them!

Have about anything you can imaging: Ammo, Rations, First Aid kit, etc. etc. etc.

SPCWarning

Those are awesome! Maybe Santa will bring ...................Dang! Too late this year aua lol. I'll be saving my pennies (for a while) for some of those! Thanks for posting tgtaylor!

wrex

Here some pics of mine. To the guy who mentioned that he had rips that they don't hid, I put "normal" seat covers on mine, even though they weren't ripped, then put the Smitty's on top of them. You might wanna try that.

Attachments

niferous

I have a set and while I like the fit and how they cover the seats I do have one serious problem with them. THEY FADE VERY FAST. For a seat cover that is supposed to be designed for vehicles that are convertible you would think they would keep their color.

Keep them out of the sun.

combatmech

I'm running the same set up. Only used about half of the pouches. I have tons of mollie gear. I did cut the bottom section off....kinda worthless.
And ditto on keeping them out of the sun, the OD green faded pretty quick. Otherwise, sound investment. I keep my gas log ( fuel gauge inop ), box of fuses, headlamp, ratcheting screw driver ( for those pesky light bulbs ), one of the dump pouches as a trash bag, and other assorted items in the pouches:beer:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks