• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone think of doing this with their M35's and CUCVs?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Anyone think of doing this with their M35

Man this is a cool concept no rinsing or chemicals to add and it flys in the face of the OPEC guys. I would like to try it in my Suburban since it get the most use and drinks the most $ out of my wallet going over a hundred miles a day. I would just have to carry less tools and make room behind the third seat for it. I was a little discouraged that they don't sell less than full kits because I was thinking of making my own tanks for this under the body. I could see it in the duece if I put that kind of milage on it I would do it tomorrow.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mike, I have a system on my deuce, which can handle close to 100% veggie oil. Two tanks, one heated plus dash mounted controls. Used it during my cross country trip a couple of months ago and burned hundreds of gallons of biodiesel and veggie oil.
Do a search, should yield lots of hits. Finally, check out the article on the subject in Feb 2006 issue of MVM.

Capt.Marion

according to the Today Show thing on this a man driving his Freightliner with flatbed saves $4-600 a week when the kit costs $800...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Also check out Frybrid.com. They seem to have a lot of ready to drop in systems. I used to hang out at that forum a lot but since I don't have a diesel vehicle yet I haven't been there in a while. There were a lot of complaints about long delivery times. Just my 2cents .

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the pure veggie oil were cheaper per BTU than diesel, it would be great, but I think it's more costly. I'm all for using renewable resources but we should get away from corn for oil if we can and use maybe sugar cane because it makes more oil. There's alot of politics involved in that.
About WVO which is different, I'm not quite confident yet to put that costly engine at risk, I do not have mechanical or chemicals experience like some of the fellows here to refine it and build up the system.

In the end we owe alot to both the companies and individual experienters for avancing the state of the art.

Capt.Marion I like your avitar.

gt1009

I would love to to that kit. No downsides, you get free fuel and your car smells like egg rolls (or mcdonalds, depending where you get your oil)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks