• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone tried Als HNR, LizardSkin, any others? Results?

JoeJrTheBarber

Exhaust wrap will definitely help with heat and sound control along with a very very slight performance boost. Only down side on a Humvee is the fact most of us like to get them dirty and exhaust wrap doesn’t clean up easily. You can power wash it off it just holds the dirt a little harder than bare metal.
A step above exhaust wrap is getting the piece / exhaust ceramic coated. This is a inside / outside process and then baked similar to powdercoating but ceramic coating is a liquid where podercoating is , well, powder. It keeps the heat inside the exhaust system rather then soaking "thru" the exhaust system. Better to keep radiant heat down and the system working as it should (minimal power gains). Any pro built racecar has their exhaust ceramic coated. Plus, dirt / muck washes right off. Most higher end powdercoat shops usually will offer ceramic coating.

Below is a pic of the exhaust on my 55 Bel-Air that has been ceramic coated and polished..
Exhaust.jpg

Last edited:

jake-cutter

I had real bad paint issues in the bed area of mine with lots of flaking. I sanded the area down, applied alodine, 2k primer, Lizard Skin Sound Deadener, and then Monstaliner that I had them color match to the 686 CARC. The Lizard Skin was easy to apply and really filled in any imperfections. The Monstaliner worked out well too and keeps the heat on the transmission tunnel down. I have also sprayed real CARC on top of Lizard Skin in some places and you can't even tell, looks original as the Lizard Skin acts as a primer.

IMG_20161031_151230_resized_20161031_054711438.jpgIMG_20161031_151237_resized_20161031_054712086.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks