• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone want real Sherwin Williams CARC in SE Michigan?

ida34

I called today and was quoted $65 a gallon for my business. I plan to get a few gallons of green, then some a gallon each of brown and black. Anyone else want some at this price? I will be going sometime next week. You can either pick the paint up at my house or I will bring them to events I am attending. If you are interested PM me before I go. If the quoted price does not include tax I will need to add it. Sales tax is 6% in Michigan.

Chuck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Are you coming to the Ga. Rally? rofl

ida34

They may have given me the discount as I am own a business and they asked me what business it was for. If I was going to the GA rally I would charge you the UPS hazmat fee added on top. If I can be competitive with the pricing I may look into getting it in bulk and shipping it. Is anyone shipping carc right now? I think Alfa Haven was but what was their price per gallon with shipping? The deal I am talking about above is just more of a favor and to make back some of my travel costs.

ida34

The number is listed in the CARC data sheet in the tech articles section. They have a part number for the carc with the different colors having different numbers but I am not sure if this is exactly what you are asking.

ida34

I need to call on Monday to get a quote for waterborne Carc. This is single component regular VOC paint that I got the price for above. It goes on similar to Gillespie in that respect. The waterborne needs an A and a B component and then it is reduced with distilled deionized water. I will post more on Monday or Tuesday.

Chuck, looks like you didn't go to Clare either. My dad passed away this past week and I didn't have any enthusiasm to go. I heard thru the grapevine that the turnout was light. Hopefully thats not the case.

ida34

Dave,
I did make it and I thought the turn out was pretty good. I did miss you there. I drove the deuce for the 1st time. My kids forgot the camera. Sorry to hear about your father. Hopefully we will all make it next year.

Chuck

ida34

Here is what I found today. They did not seem to interested in giving me a quote on Waterborne. I just got general answer of it should cost about 40% more than the other quote I got. At this point I want to stick to just getting gallons of solvent type paint in gallons. Also, I just want to pass on the deal to local guys and do not want to ship. If you are local and interested give me a PM with what you want and we can arrange it. If I can work something out with shipping in the future I will let everyone know.

Thanks
Chuck

SpruceDeuce

question on how to thin the 1 part CARC, what do you use? i went to sherwin williams and they said no body even has the stuff listed on the data sheet. i do not know what to use does anyone?

ida34

The data sheet is on their website and is in the resource section under tech articles.

Here is an excerpt:

Reduction: If required, use MIL-T-81772
Type 1 Reducer, R91K20 or equivalent.
MAK R6K30 (slow), Polane® Reducers
R7K84 and R7K94 (medium), R7KC1
VOC exempt reducer or Tertiary Butyl Acetate
are also acceptable. Reducer
must be polyurethane grade.

Here is a link to the whole data sheet.

http://www.sherlink.com/sher-link/I...in/applications/sherwinApp/sher-link/temp/dp/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks