• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone want to save a wrecker

Crash_AF

During my search for a wrecker, I came across this one and thought I'd pass it along. It's a gasser tractor wrecker. Says it runs and moved under its own power a while ago and I'm trying to get more specifics on price and running condition.

I'm talking to him about the M62 sitting beside it for parts.

Later,
Joe

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
M246?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might want to see if the seller is going to do a package deal on the pair, I see a much worse condition wrecker next to it. Those would have some great parts on them, indeed!

No.2Diesel

When the power and 6ft. ext. is all the way out on the 819, there is almost no noticable deflection. I think some commercial operators have overloaded that boom.

That 246 looks like it can be restored if someone wants a project. I wonder what their production numbers were?

mangus580

It didnt really look like 'deflection' to me. It just looked like the slide joints were loose? Is it possible that things are out of adjustment?

citizensoldier

If I had to guess.. By the looks of the front.. Someone was using the crane and flipped that truck on its side. I bet it happened with the boom out and might have slapped a little and bent the boom.. Why else would they leave it out like that? I thought at first it might be because of the cable but that shackle still has some sag in it so It cant be that tight to bow the boom that much.. Either way some very good parts and that boom could be mounted on a M816 and a guy would have 23' of reach!! I know my 816 always seems 5 feet to short... aua
I saw a guy do this type thing with a skytrack once.. It bowed the boom so much you could not retract it..

TedG

Here is what a bent boom looks like. It is a nice gentle bend... Notice the fish-plate/angle iron welded towards the front. This has a go 4-6" bow in it.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably worth $2500 in scrap value, depending on where you send the metal. So he's not really that far off asking that much. The wrecker bed on the -816 next to it looks pretty good. You got the axles, one running engine and one unknown. Some tires, two cabs, and a bunch of small parts and sheet metal. Lots to work with for $3500. I'd offer $3K and part them out if I was closer and in the market.

citizensoldier

I think the one next to it is a M62.. Your looking at about 60K lbs in scrap.. So whatever it is in your area x lb's...I think you could get double that in scrap? Lots of good stuff on them and I know some members on here would buy some parts off you.

citizensoldier

This is a 5th wheel wrecker same as a M819 but a gasser engine.. I have only seen two in 6 years on GL.. They are a rare truck and have a longer reach than the other wrecker versions and you can pull a semi trailer with it..

JeepMan

citizensoldier said:
This is a 5th wheel wrecker same as a M819 but a gasser engine.. I have only seen two in 6 years on GL.. They are a rare truck and have a longer reach than the other wrecker versions and you can pull a semi trailer with it..

Ohhhhhhhh -----

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks