• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone with experience with Hutchinson/H1 Alpha wheels

CharlieB

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have 2 sets of these.

2 piece-forged aluminum 17”.

4 of the studs that assemble the wheel together are longer, any idea why?

Also, anyone know if possible flip the studs around to have nuts on outside (before I disassemble to find out I can’t 😂)IMG_0829.jpeg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know anything about them, but if the 4 studs that are longer are evenly spaced, then it would make sense that those 4 are for helping pull everything together, and the rest being shorter is so you don't have to spend so much time tightening all the nuts down on longer studs, especially if using hand tools.
Having the studs on the inside also would protect them better than having them stick outside, giving less chance of damaging anything if you're rubbing up against roots and rocks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks