• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anything to see in or around Savannah Georgia to do with MVs

wideload

I am a Deuce and M746 221/2 ton owner from the UK. I am traveling out tomorrow morning to the JCB factory at Pooler for a week and have a free day on Sunday. Is there anything to see in the Savannah area with regard to MILITARY vehicles ?

Regards
John Riley

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Anything to see in or around Savannah Georgia to do with

Augusta GA has CMS and SECO, both have lots of stuff.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

There is a WWII Army Air Corps Museum in Savannah

poppop

Hello John

I am 35 miles from the JCB plant. The Mighty Eight Air Force Museum is right next to the JCB plant. Fort Stewart is not far away but nor sure if you will have a problem getting on post. You have to show insurance on you vehicle and a picture ID. If you can get on they have a Museum with some old vehicles and you could drive thru and see the rows and rows of modern vechles. I would love to show you my trucks and give you a farm tour but I have a family Christmas dinner in Savannah on Sunday. I should not be late and maybe we could still do something.. Will you have a contact number where you can be reached when you are here? Your free day is this Sunday or next Subdat?

wideload

Thanks Lloyd,
It is this Sunday that Ihave the day free (10th December). I am staying at the Mulberry in Savannah Town. If you have the time I would love to see your vehicles, I will have plenty of photos with me as well. I have sent you an e-mail with contact details

Many Thanks
John Riley

wideload

Lloyd,
many thanks for yours and Dee's hospitality on Wednesday evening. Thanks for letting me have a look at your trucks and photos, it was nice to meet up with a fellow enthusiast so far away from home. I'm now safely back in the UK after completing the training at the JCB Savannah plant.
John Riley

poppop

Thats whats so great about this site. We never would have met if not for Steel Soldiers and now I have a friend in England.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks