• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ARCTIC HEATER KIT,M220 MANUAL,M211 MANUAL

butch atkins

just shipped 5 nos nib in the original boxes of arctic heater kit to buyer way up north,30 yrs in the hobby and never seen that much nos heater parts at one time for our beloved gmcs,living in south carolina , i would NEVER GET TO USE IT ,IF IT EVER GOT THAT COLD DOWN HERE WE COULD ALL KISS OUR BUTTS GOODBYE ,WERE TALKING ICE AGE ,hated to see it go but i am glad its going to some one who will use it,BTW, for all m220 owners ,have TM 55-2320-200-20-1, TRANSPORTABILITY GUIDANCE,TRUCKVAN,SHOP,2 1/2 TON,6X6,m220,ORIGINAL 14page manual dated may 5 1969,covers shipping,weight,tiedown points,vehicle size and weght,loading information,etc,etc,10.00 + shipping gets it to your door,if anyone is interested,have same manual except it is for m211,ifv enough people interested would consider putting it in the technical manual section for people to down load,m211 MANUAL IS NOT FOR SALE,havent seen to many posts on this thread lately,just thought i would put this out for all gmc nuts to look at ,em or pm if interested,thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
butch atkins said:
...living in south carolina , i would NEVER GET TO USE IT ,IF IT EVER GOT THAT COLD DOWN HERE WE COULD ALL KISS OUR BUTTS GOODBYE ,WERE TALKING ICE AGE ......
:)
Of course, if you are a collector of vintage MVs, it's just fun to install/play with the accessories even if they aren't actually used.

butch atkins

just had to reply to this

thought long and hard about kit before selling it,the heater unit uses gasoline,hangs under the drivers door,floorboard,has alot ofthin wall tubing,and uses the engine coolant circulating through the sealed boxes to heat the batteries,main reason for selling,look at my posting on this thread "stupid moves",and " its not the heat , its the stupidity",my truck is not an asphalt queen ,i would just ruin a rare accessory for these trucks with my "driving technique",glad it went to some one who will take better care of it than i would,the only bad thing about trail riding a deuce is it takes about 2 hours under neath it with a presssure washer so when you HAVE TO WORK ON IT,you can actually see what you broke,like a little kid ,i just cant say no to a mud puddle,creek,hill,bog, well you get the picture,to quote a famous saying,"HEY MAN WATCH THIS S@#*, long live our gmcs,work hard ,play harder