• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are parts of the future MV hobby dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw this thread pop up and read AH's first post and my immediate thought was Dallas last weekend. Sad but true.

I think this thread has brought up some points that directly relate to why we, as moderators sometimes seem to rule with an iron fist. Can any of you guess how bad it would be if this place wasn't moderated? People get ticked now because they can't talk politics or firearms, just think of what a cesspool SS would be if we did allow it? Oh wait, we'd be ARFCOM.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw this thread pop up and read AH's first post and my immediate thought was Dallas last weekend. Sad but true.

I think this thread has brought up some points that directly relate to why we, as moderators sometimes seem to rule with an iron fist. Can any of you guess how bad it would be if this place wasn't moderated? People get ticked now because they can't talk politics or firearms, just think of what a cesspool SS would be if we did allow it? Oh wait, we'd be ARFCOM.
We thank all of the Moderators of this SS website, and of the organized chaos that we individual members bring to these forums. Your many interventions come, we are certain, with the absolute best of intentions. We applaud and salute you.

If our society could be so readily and effectively moderated instead of having to be policed... Oh what a better world would we inhabit?

Thank you, and carry on.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW Gentlemen this is one heck of a thread, and one heck of a topic!Although its NOT a new one and everybody in this hobby has the same concerns as have been voiced here. I try very hard to stay out of anything political for obvious reasons, do I vote, YES I do and I do try to do my best but the pickins have been mighty thin over the last few years! I have recently retired after selling my company that I started 30 years ago, now I do have time to do what I feel needs to be done to help our hobby in my own little one man way. I have 4 trucks all US Military and one German Military, I do programs at schools so the kids can get up close and in some cases even sit in the cab of the trucks. Then if possible I will do a presentation for the kids to demonstrate the heating and let them try a few different MREs, the kids love this and it exposes them to a little of OUR AMERICAN HISTORY and the need share it, protect it and treat it with the respect that it deserves! Car shows are also as often as I can be at on my list to attend, I will be showing my newly squired M920 on 1600R20s this year, its the biggest baddest truck I own and I guarantee it will get people talking to me and give me the chance to tell them WHY I am part of this and what my goals for our MVC community are, like what was stated earlier WE NEED TO GET THE KIDS INTERESTED because we are caretakers of our prized vehicles for only a short time, who is going to take over for us?
Karl

EwaMarine

I just got told today that naval museums can't request weapons for our aircraft. So we have a need for two M-2 aircraft guns....for example. The regulations that utterly waste the tax payers money are epic. We get what we vote for...CSM Davis said it. If we all wrote our congress types ...You could effect change. But I doubt the solidarity exists in this community for that. So who are the few humans that actually make up this paranoia and demil codes? policies? Thats your targets for having elected officials laser beam in on....change the perception and you might effect change. I work for a museum and its retarded what they still won't let us have and we are a museum!! Unreal. We are AMERICANS. PARTS REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

EwaMarine

When the last A6 Intruder flew and shut down....or A-7...or F-14...the rules have been set in motion that keeps them from EVER returning to the air again....And that is WRONG. Think if they did this in 1946....? You would not have any of the antique warbirds in the air today to teach....and educate....Yesterdays F4U is todays F-18....and you will never see a Hornet in civ hands to fly in 70 years like the F4U...Is this not wrong of our leadership????? Have some waivers or parameters but wholesale extinction of a species?

Al Harvey

The focus of this thread is the future of our hobby. Not what we want to have, but what we do have and how we might lose the ability to keep what we have now. Everyone is entitled to what they think we should or shouldn't have. But that's not the purpose here. The main purpose, now I say main because it's what has built this hobby up, is to maintain pieces of history and keep them alive for future generations. Right now with reporters talking about things they are not familiar with, they could end up stopping our hobby. Now granted I'm not saying their gonna come get your stuff, but they could stop all the auctions for future vehicles, parts, and equipment. All it takes is one person who is loud enough to change the future of this hobby. We have to work together to let people know and understand that this hobby is not some sorta crazy militant group, but rather we are citizens trying to keep history alive with our own money in most cases. So please stay off the I want and we should have, cause those are not going to get us anywhere. We have to stay focused on events that will directly affect us and come up with positive ways to prevent the erosion of our hobby thru negative press.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For all members, please remember that this site is about MVs. The Site owner has set down some ground rules and the moderators are tasked to enforce them.

This site is NOT an open democracy. You have no rights here.

If you do not like the way the site is run. you are more than welcome to go start you own site and run it the way you like. (try that in China...;-), or back in Nazi Germany) That my dear friends is the freedom of America.

Keep the political stuff off the site.

Shutting this thread down for now. It will be under review as to whether it will be reopened or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks