• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are there any trailers big enough to haul an MRZR that work with a HMMWV?

M1165A1

Looking to tow my MRZR and I want a military trailer for looks/parades.

I can't seem to find a trailer that fits that is HMMWV-towable. It seems it will not fit in the M1101/1102 series trailers.

MRZR dimensions:

1694835093126.jpeg

I have a civilian trailer and my HMMWV has a 2" hitch and that works fine, but I'd really prefer a military trailer even if I have to modify the trailer to work.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a gen set trailer that has hmmwv tires/wheels that is longer than a m1102 and has a belly fuel tank. I don't think it had a m# and was a special purpose gen set. There was a guy in Purvis Ms that had a few stripped ones with just the belly tank left.
CSMDavis is in Hattiesburg and knows the guy I am referencing.I lost there info when a former phone crashed.

Think like a drash trailer which might be another option.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These have come up in the recent past that might be exactly what you’re looking for and matching style. I’d love to have one myself.

That is a low speed trailer not for highway used off road by special forces behind their razor style buggies. I don't recall the name of their offroad 4wd atv's

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BF Goodrich KM2 tires with a DOT rating on them, and in a standard automotive wheel size (17"), so I don't see why they wouldn't be road approved?
image taken from one of the govplanet auctions
Rim appears to be 6 lug, which is standard size for 5k axle.

352d0543-3079-4d64-a7bd-36917782486a-hr.jpg
beadlock rims look pretty nice (picture above missing outer ring lock)

I'm not saying one way or the other, but if the wheels not being DOT approved (they might be but I can't find anywhere that shows a DOT stamp), everything appears to be standard on road trailer components, so I don't know why it couldn't be done. Would probably have to get a state inspection of some type to do so

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That trailer will handle highway speeds just fine with those DOT approved truck tires.
Where that trailer will not work is on any public road as it's currently configured.

You would have to add the DOT required lighting, reflectors, safety chains, etc.
Tag/Inspection/Brake requirements vary from state to state, so there might be more things required.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had not seen a pic of the tires and rims upclose.
My impression is that this trailer was designed for off road.
Nevertheless I doubt many more will leak out and surprised this one did not get snapped up by state surplus programs before being released to gov planet.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth, finding an actual military trailer to fit your needs may be near impossible. That being said, it's not that difficult to make a civilian or custom trailer look military. Just food for thought.

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DRASH trailer is probably one of your best bets, but I don't know what the inside wheelwell deck width is. The one like aghumvee posted has some really square wheelwells, don't think driving over them would work well.

There's also the LTT-FE (which I think is also under some other DRASH/ECU units)... pretty sure they'll be too narrow between the wells (my LTT-TQG is 56" IIRC) but, the wheelwells are low & angled, you might be able to get away with driving over them. If you can find one anyway... don't see them come up very often.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks