• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are there other rims/tires that will fit?

ncreb

Since surplus 900x16 NDT tires are becoming so hard to find, are there other rims that will have the same bolt pattern and still have readily available surplus NDT tires?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rims from the M101A1 trailers fit perfect. With the trailers being surplused that is your best bet.

Tanner

ncreb: 9.00-16 STA Superlugs apparently are getting hard to come by... word is that the STA Superlug molds may have departed the country & ended up in an Asian factory.

The Budd rims used on the M37 & M101/A1 trailers are the same & still limit you to NDT's or the Superlugs in 9.00-16 size. There are no 35"-36"+ tires that are readily available & designed to work with the narrow 6.5" Budd rim. You can use smaller diameter 16" tires on the M37 rim, but by going to a smaller diameter 16" tire, it simply slows down your road speed.

Many of the trailers I've seen lately at auction are running some seriously ancient vintage NDT's on them. My trailer had a '68 vintage NDT on one side & a '62 vintage tire on the other. Both splitting.

'Tanner'

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Luckly, I have a pretty good set of Goodyear Super Lug tires on my M37. They too, are out of production. Tires are a sever handicap though. The 101 trailers are really limited too. It makes them almost obsolete, in that my 101 trailer has 1951 dated tires NDT's on it. I won't hardly take it off the ranch, especially at highway speeds, for fear that those heavy old tires will fly apart.

nattieleather

There are tire dealers like Coker and Wallace Wade that have 900x16 NDT tires brand spanking new from the factory. They also have the inner tubes for them. They are not hard to find. Just hard on the wallet. But any bigger truck tire like that is expensive.

Dodge man

FYI the M101A1 trailer was designed to be used the M37 therefore it uses the exact same tires, wheels, brake hubs and many of the brake parts. It may use other parts as well but I'm not sure of that. I believe it does use the same bows and bed sides. The lunette on the M101A1 is also at exactly the right height to mate with the pintle on the M37.

Original (read OLD) M37 tires and wheels are relatively easy to find here in Florida since most of the M37s are rusted out hulks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks