• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are these singles without the hub flip?

tklm539

I just found this on ebay. Are these the original rears with the inners removed and the outer wheels just mounted back on?

I have only seen the singles that are flipped around to look like the front. Am I looking at it incorrectly?

Thanks

Tom

Attachments

tklm539

I did not know it could be done that way. Is there a downside? Seems like a lot less works. Would that put the outer wheel a the width it was originally (wider than when the hub is flipped)?

Tom

rockman

unflipped hubs

I did change last summer with my XL 12.5 and so far so good. There was some talk about have the center of the hub too far past the midpoint of the bearings but no drawback seen yet. It also saves on investing on 135 rims and flipping the hubs. I also can chnge back to duals easily.

Bill now in TN

Attachments

pa.rich

RE: unflipped hubs

No offense, but in the past whenever I saw a dually with only the outsides mounted, I would laugh to myself and think: ..... "Poorman's duals".. Why not, if you arent carrying alot of weight.It would be the same as a single axle truck, and they carry alot of weight. And that reminds me , I am carrying alot of weight, but just lost 8lbs.

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: unflipped hubs

actually,this is a VERY bad idea.You will burn your bearings out quickly.Instead of the inner and outter bearings getting a downward load they are being Twisted upward on the end.The outer bearing is supporting almost all the weight of the rear of the truck.Think of it this way,Hold a mallet by the handle close to the head.Pretty easy to hold it straight.Now hold it at the handle and hold it straight out.That's why I laught at all those stupid Ricers and Ghetto cruisers with Roller Skate wheels.I know they are pretty much distroying their cars.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks