• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are these two parts missing from your axle?

edpdx

Changed out the front bearings yesterday, and on reassembly I see that there were no parts as indicated by Item #9 and #10 in this drawing for 1985 M1009. Parts 11, 12, 13 [gap] 8, 7 6, 5 4... Should I hunt these down at a wrecking yard, or are these parts optional- there was some mention of a C-clip retainer being "optional", but no mention of the retainer ring being optional- and what good would it be anyway if there were no c-clip to retain it?

1616006590429.png

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Changed out the front bearings yesterday, and on reassembly I see that there were no parts as indicated by Item #9 and #10 in this drawing for 1985 M1009. Parts 11, 12, 13 [gap] 8, 7 6, 5 4... Should I hunt these down at a wrecking yard, or are these parts optional- there was some mention of a C-clip retainer being "optional", but no mention of the retainer ring being optional- and what good would it be anyway if there were no c-clip to retain it?

View attachment 828747
now that is some interesting stuff there! ......................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks