• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

arizona m1078

Alfie 911

i have a salvaged m1078 in california and must register it in Arizona , i was wondering if i have to register my truck at a regular "DOT" or a comercial "DOT" for "big rigs " . . . i just got my arizona drivers licence recently and completely restored the vehicle for registration , please help me if you have experience in arizona registration with m1078 stewart and stevenson . . . .mine is a 1997 . . . . .god bless you ! ! . . . my name is AL . . . (310)710-9185

coachgeo

i have a salvaged m1078 in california and must register it in Arizona , i was wondering if i have to register my truck at a regular "DOT" or a comercial "DOT" for "big rigs " . . . i just got my arizona drivers licence recently and completely restored the vehicle for registration , please help me if you have experience in arizona registration with m1078 stewart and stevenson . . . .mine is a 1997 . . . . .god bless you ! ! . . . my name is AL . . . (310)710-9185
imho.... dont put addresses and phone numbers in post... even for sale post..... the info can be found in searches and overtime the scammers collect your information and once they have enough they sell it to identity theft rings. It also attracts bots to sites like this one which increases the sites fight with bots etc.

suggest that one just ask for folk to PM them if you need to keep conversation private.

that said: did you get the govt. paper work on the truck from the CA seller.? (the SF97)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In AZ if the Vehicle is 25years old you can get Historic plates, your truck will be able to get them next year (2022). I think you will need a level one inspection.
Castle Bravo may have more info. for you. For this year you may have to pay the commercial fees for the truck.

Alfie 911

imho.... dont put addresses and phone numbers in post... even for sale post..... the info can be found in searches and overtime the scammers collect your information and once they have enough they sell it to identity theft rings. It also attracts bots to sites like this one which increases the sites fight with bots etc.

suggest that one just ask for folk to PM them if you need to keep conversation private.

that said: did you get the govt. paper work on the truck from the CA seller.? (the SF97)
I

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ I thank you sooo very much for the advice , and also for caring to help and respond soo very quickly, as I 'm patiently working through all the "red tape " . . . . I never knew about the " SF97 " documents
, as I had bought my truck on Ebay through a salvage dealership in " As Is " condition with only a " bill of sale" and a " salvaged title " out of the state of Illinois . Is there a way to request or purchase the "SF97 " from a government entity ?

coachgeo

I

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ I thank you sooo very much for the advice , and also for caring to help and respond soo very quickly, as I 'm patiently working through all the "red tape " . . . . I never knew about the " SF97 " documents
, as I had bought my truck on Ebay through a salvage dealership in " As Is " condition with only a " bill of sale" and a " salvaged title " out of the state of Illinois . Is there a way to request or purchase the "SF97 " from a government entity ?
with that set of circumstances I would go about it differently. contact @Suprman for advice

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My registration in AZ is coming due. Anything 1-ton and up is considered commercial. One can specify the GVW, however, with 8000 lbs being the minimum. Tucson municipality has a parking ordinance that over 18,000 lbs can only be parked along designated truck routes. Since my truck was put on a diet, i haul nothing nor pull anything, I stated the GVW 15,750 lbs. (the last time I put it on the scales it came in at 13,600). The weight fee reflects that stated GVW, yours is likely more. Since the truck is all wheel drive always, it cannot be put onto the roller for emission testing. I have a "Director's certificate" exempting the truck from the test, though I must physically present the truck at the inspection station along with the certificate and $9.00 (nine dollars).

1078 registration.JPG

wandering neurons

I love that AZ still exempts AWD/4WD vehicles from the rollers. Many years ago (about 20), I got annual exemptions for my M35. They didn't like me at the inspection station on east 22nd near Pantano in Tucson. Living 35 miles outside Colorado Springs, and now Fallon, NV, have exempted my M1081 as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks