• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armed forces day at Findlay, Ohio

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are having a parade and gathering at the Hancock county fairgrounds. Friday, saturday, and sunday, with most events on saturday. This weekend, 19,20, and 21. This is my first time, so I don't really know how many will be there, or what is going on.

Wondering if anyone from here is planning to attend. I am going to bring the deuce out friday afternoon for a while.
Dennis

Last edited:

N1265

I plan on attending, It will be my first time also.

I just re painted my M880 and will take it up Sat. ( hopefully ) or Sunday depending on my work scedule.

got any picks of that fairmont doing a burn out?

Nick

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning to go on Saturday. I am trying to drag Todd Haley along also!

I attended in 2003. It was smaller than I expected. (Their advertisement in MV mag claims 150 vehicles - I think that must include the POVs in the parking lot. :) )
Here is a link to their site: http://www.finhanmilitary.org/

IIRC, there was a mighty mite, a weasel, a really nice 5-ton wrecker (M543), a bunch of jeeps and a handful of deuces. I had the pleasure of meeting and chating with Lamar Rowland and his wife who drove their absolutely perfect M35 all the way from Alabamy'. . . .real nice folks.

There was a swap meet / vendors with vehicle parts, and uniforms/personal gear.

There was a group of reenactors that had set up a typical WWII US camp. There was also a group dressed up in German uniforms conducting a little D&C , speaking in German!

As a side note, there is also a four wheel drive jamboree in nearby Lima, OH on this same weekend. (show trucks, vendors, monster and tough truck competitions) Mostly civilian stuff, but you will likely see a M37 or M715 mixed in. Might be something else to check out while you're there.
http://www.familyevents.com/eventinfo.asp?id=78

Nick and Dennis, I will PM my cell number, in case you guys want to meet up and shoot some B.S. :)

N1265

yea my little brother goes to the lima show every year, He has a sweet f350.

I would like to meet anybody from this site, but I wont know what day I am actually going or what time I will be there untill Friday after work.

JWC , are you also going to the lima show?

Nick

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out I can't make it this year. Too many things going on this weekend. Was wanting to go too. Dang, maybe I can figure something out.

No pics of the fairmont, I drove it before I had a digitial camera. I still have it, and it still runs, but haven't driven it for about 4 years. If I had the time I would get it out and drive it....
Dennis

Last edited:

citizensoldier

I will be there from Thursday to Sunday. Not bringing a truck just a M101 trailer full of M37 parts to sell. I will see you there.. This is my first time to this show so I cant say what it will be like. The website shows a nice looking camping area and lots of trucks.. :)

Mike_L

I plan on coming over for my first time attending. Just bringing any empty pickup so bring your extra M37 parts! Actually, if anyone has any extra cargo area troop seat parts, specifically an auxiliary seat, bring it.

I want to get out Friday but if the wife wants to go I'll probably wait until Saturday. Sometimes she likes to go and encourage me to buy stuff I don't like the prices on, bless her heart. We'll see.

citizensoldier

We will have some troop seat parts but no extra jump seat parts. Anything else you are looking for? Its hard to decide what to bring because we only have a M101 trailer. Right now it has a 230 that we sold in it that we are dropping off half way. :lol:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out I can make it. Thanks to my wonderfull fiance, I am able to make it friday afternoon. Will be driving my deuce. Here is a pic(I will be minus facial hair, and dirtier)so come on up and say hi. And 6 foot 8 should help.

Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike_L

No, can't think of anything else. I have most everything I need for the truck-at least one of everything with some extras. The spare seat is the only thing I'm missing. The rest of the stuff is small hardware stuff like battery cable grommets (for the battery box, etc), heater parts, and other misc pieces.

Hopefully I'll see you there and rummage through the trailer anyway. Seems I always find something whether I'm looking for it or not. Especially if the price is right.

Stretch, you should be easy to find no matter where you are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks