• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance needed for help on a Mep006A

zout

I have a vendor who has been asked to work on a MEP006A 60KW generator.
The NSN on this is a 6115001181243.

If you are available to make a phone call to help this contact I know very well to help him
I would greatly apreciate it. Just PM me if you are willing to call him on his cell which I will give you.

The way he is describing the problem to me is an area of the oil pressure switch's on this unit.

Just pm me if you can or willing to make a call to him.

zout

Never mind - I printed off the 365 page TM and handed it to him as his eyes spun in their sockets to figure it out.

Mods you can totally delete this thread

1800 Diesel

Never mind - I printed off the 365 page TM and handed it to him as his eyes spun in their sockets to figure it out.

Mods you can totally delete this thread
Take no offense, but was wondering how a vendor (presumably one getting paid to repair a generator), recruited you to ask for assistance....not that the good folks on this forum wouldn't have come through, but you had my curiosity up... :)

zout

That is a great question - and seeing how I have been around a long time I expected it to be asked when even asking.
I know for sure folks here would help if interested - and if not its no big deal.

Seeing as I am in the trucking industry (Fleet Manager) someone had asked my outside repair sublet vendor for help (they are friends).
We all have been there helping friends to do our best with what we might know - just to help but are smart enought to call it quits when your above your head or you know absolutely nothing about what your working on.

My vendor - who has a truck engine repair shop was trying to help his friend - mechanics is pretty much common sence and had no idea TM's were out there for this stuff - therefore seeing how he is a friend - I printed them off for him to assist him. It was a hail mary pass to help with a oil pressure switch issue from what I understood and without having him page through and just get this baby up working someone might be smart enough or ran into the same problem to make it just quicker - we have all been there trying to do this.

The vendor is now locked in his office this morning - reading the TM and will probably wind up knowing more about the MEP than he really wants to - just to help a friend.

BTW - he was not getting paid for repair - he was doing his friend a favor - we have all been there trying to do this as well.

1800 Diesel

That is a great question - and seeing how I have been around a long time I expected it to be asked when even asking.
I know for sure folks here would help if interested - and if not its no big deal.

Seeing as I am in the trucking industry (Fleet Manager) someone had asked my outside repair sublet vendor for help (they are friends).
We all have been there helping friends to do our best with what we might know - just to help but are smart enought to call it quits when your above your head or you know absolutely nothing about what your working on.

My vendor - who has a truck engine repair shop was trying to help his friend - mechanics is pretty much common sence and had no idea TM's were out there for this stuff - therefore seeing how he is a friend - I printed them off for him to assist him. It was a hail mary pass to help with a oil pressure switch issue from what I understood and without having him page through and just get this baby up working someone might be smart enough or ran into the same problem to make it just quicker - we have all been there trying to do this.

The vendor is now locked in his office this morning - reading the TM and will probably wind up knowing more about the MEP than he really wants to - just to help a friend.

BTW - he was not getting paid for repair - he was doing his friend a favor - we have all been there trying to do this as well.
Kinda figured he was helping the guy out (as were you)...been there, done that...more times than I care to count. Hopefully he gets it worked out. Since the problem is being directed at the oil pressure switch, does that mean the unit is starting up & then shutting down or did he not say?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks