• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance Please...I am out of options...

Hornet Driver

I have a CDN M1010 and have replaced everything as per the instructions on here. My problem now is that since putting in a converter to 12 volts for the glow plug system I can't get the voltage to go above 1.2v when converted. As soon as I put the inline fuse it drops it to 1.2v. Without the fuse its at 13.8v.auaauaauaaua:deadhorse:

Any help would be great. The wealth of knowledge on this site is second to none.

Thank you in advance.

richingalveston

you are referring to the large green thing on the fire wall behind the engine.

That is a resistor that you must bypass when trying to feed 12 volts to the glow plugs.

cpf240

Is this the stock 24v - 12v resistor that sits on the firewall, or an actual voltage converter? If it is an actual 24v to 12v converter, what are its specs? The glow plugs draw quite a bit of current, and perhaps the convert can't handle the load? Please post pictures of your setup!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming that the CDN M1010 is similar to the US versions, the inverter is to replace the DUVAC. Your inverter should be used to charge the front battery. The front battery should be supplying the current to run the glow plugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks