• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance with Fort Bragg pickup

Goinmxn

Well I won a Stewart Stevenson m1083 (Running truck) a couple weeks ago and I have repeatedly had problems that have prevented me from getting down there to pick it up. Is there anyone locally that I can pay to pull it off base and store it for a couple weeks? I planned on tomorrow night but just got off the phone with my dad and my mom is going in for emergency surgery tomorrow in the morning. No brainer that I'm going to stay with my mom so truck is second again. If anyone could help it would be GREATLY appreciated. Pickup is 8am to noon mon-wed and I would pay whatever someone wants for a fee. Thanks
Steve
540-222-6245

drivebymashing

Im going down there the 29th. I live near Asheville NC not sure if that helps any. Im picking up a m353 trailer. Just reread that it says pickup is mon-wednesday.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I am in the same situation for a Ft Bragg pickup of a running M1081, but am still trying to get the wire payment straightened out before getting pickup arranged solidly. Sorry to butt in your thread, but I want to see if I have any issues like you & how to solve them! Thanks in advance!

Update: She's all paid for now :D & next is to get her a ride home! The base (GP) restrictions of such a small pickup time frame are a real pain for truckers who have to meet their schedules & get on base during that window!

Last edited:

joey88

I am in the same situation for a Ft Bragg pickup of a running M1081, but am still trying to get the wire payment straightened out before getting pickup arranged solidly. Sorry to butt in your thread, but I want to see if I have any issues like you & how to solve them! Thanks in advance!

I can help one and all...send me a message. I got room. I know Felix very well.

DanM7890

Felix is a great guy! We stood around and talked about all the people who try and pickup stuff and think they can just get in and drive it home.

Goinmxn

Thanks everyone for the input!!! Paul from Transformed Transport moved it off base for me through the help of Erik (bikeman) and the VFW. It is off base and waiting to be picked up for me now without restrictions of base etc. On a good note my mom is doing great after surgery so all is good. Just need to get my new toy home now.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks