• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aternator screw up(long story) need help

endurance

I have an m1009 6.2 I got PROBLEMS, and have no clue as to what I'm doing, I always learn by mistakes. Gen 1 light came on, battery's kept dying, took the alternators off, (I took the bad one off and a friend broke the other taking it off)tried using ones w/ out an Isolated ground, like an Idiot I must of crossed the ground and power wires somewhere, as soon as I hooked up the battery, smoke started coming from the firewall(looked like from the junction by the brake master cylinder) I unhooked immediately. Fast forward 3 months later I found the right alternators, put em In, fired right up, no indicator lights on, but the gen gauge doesn't register any voltage, drove it around for awhile until the batteries died. Seems like the front battery is the one that gets drained. They were rebuilt alternators from Boyce, and I'm almost positive Its something I did, I'm gonna take it to autozone and have them tested Sunday. Any advice would be sincerely appriciated. Thanks

Westech

CPL
get the manuals 1st.. now as your problem.. smoke is a big no no. your just going to have to use the diagnostic tree step by step and trace all the wiring till you find the short.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks