• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aux power unit off an M1

hedelta

We use to have a External Auxillary Power Unit mounted on the bustle rack of an M1 has anyone seen one in the civilian world yet?

Isaac-1

I am not sure if they were M1 Aux power units or not, however GL had a handful of small 3KW 28V unit powered by a small 1 cylinder diesel engine at the nearby army base. These units had similar specs to the MEP-026B, however they were not a MEP series unit, and were much lighter and more modern (I think advertised weight was around 250 pounds). I don't remember what brand the engine was on these units, but it had both pull start and electric start.

Ike

Jones

Not sure what these were then. They were the typical armor white in color and the gas turbines on them weren't much bigger than a beach ball.
Always thought they'd sure be fun to play with but I was on a buying trip for 5 ton axles for the baby HEMTT project at the time.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there are all kinds of people playing with the gas turbine thing on youtube, using old turbochargers. I like to look up "turbine failure".. :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks