• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

average cost of a m816 at auction?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I paid $8300 for a 816 2 months ago,Before I won that truck,I bid on some as high as $12k and got out bid.

jayjetseck

was your truck driveable of the base? looking around very seldom do they come up in pa !! where did you get yours? jcappeljr?dont forget about stopping up and giving me a price for excvavating!!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes most now of days are over 10K range for one that you can drive off in. i bid on several before i got one under 10K and then the shipping , new tires n rims, batteries fuel pump hood wipers the list went on and on like a song haha:roll:

joestewart

I scored my M816 for $7950 out of Camp Beauregard in mid 2008. I had it towed to my place. It needed replacement fuel hoses for the selector valve and, of course, batteries. It was complete otherwise, and everything else seems to work (so far). Granted, I've only driven it around my property (haven't got it out of 4th gear yet), but I've made several heavy lifts with the crane. Time will tell, but it appears I may have been lucky on this purchase.

area52

I got lucky ( I think!) - got mine for $7000 then add the premium, tax, transportation costs etc...

I did not drive mine off of base but if I had been a little more knowledgeable and closer, I might have tried to drive it home. All it needed were a couple of fittings and batteries.