• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Awesome T-55 vid

PorscheTech911

This is a sweet video a friend of mine posted a few hours ago of his T-55 he bought from the UK. He has had it for over a year now and loves it. Very cool guy. I hope you enjoy the soundtrack as well :D Needs to be listened to with some bass. Unfortunately he didn't get rid of the music at some point so you could hear that awesome 38.88L V-12 Diesel.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGPmUOk7afY[/media]

PT911

Last edited:

kcimb

How much is it running to bring one to a port in the US?

Peter boys and Duncan Nicholson are running in the 60-70k USD for one...

PorscheTech911

77,600 shipped with paperwork from the UK. That also includes De-milling. You can also buy from the gov't of certain ComBloc states for a lot less depending on what vehicle your looking for. Shipping will still cost between 6k-9k, de-milling another 1k, paperwork and broker fees are about 3k-4k. Thats pretty general but gets you a ballpark.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was offered the T72 pictured below for $35K USD about a year ago. It has/had 250km since a complete overhaul, has/had only five shells fired from its main weapon and the main weapon was still live (the tank is in the UK where this is legal...of course I know this would have had to be demilled before entering the US). The tank came with working radios and headsets, as well as a complete set of manuals (I think they were in Russian, but my wife speaks fluent Russian!). The tank was overhauled in an eastern European country and purchased by the UK government (or so I was told). The UK government painted the tank in Iraqi Republican Guard markings and test fired some shells from it. That was all I was told about the tank's history, but it was owned by a serious collector in the UK who told me he could help with the export process. He even invited me to come visit to test drive and inspect before buying, but it never got that far. I started to look into the process to get it into the US, but my wife talked me into buying an M1015A1 instead (basically the same as an M548A1). I have no idea what these tanks sell for in the US so I can't say that $77K sounds high, but that would have meant that I would have had to pay $42K to get it into the US and I can almost guarantee that was not what I was being quoted at the time (customs, shipping, trucking on both ends, demilled, etc.).

Attachments

PorscheTech911

77k is a good price for something like this. I would think he meant 35 british pounds as that's what they go for over there. You should have gotten the tank instead at that price. Very small though the T-72, you have to be a little kid to drive one.

That guy in the video does not let me drive it, because he lives in Canada, but might if I went up there. There are a few people who own these things, and most are really nice.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope. $35K USD. I just went back and re-read his original email to me (Price was £19995). At the time, it converted to $35K USD...now it is around $32K. Trust me, I would have bought the tank, except my wife was lobbying hard against it. In the end I agreed to buy an M1015A1 when she suggested it. I was wrong about one thing, though. It was over a year ago. He and I were communicating three years back. Man, how time flies!

Last edited:

PorscheTech911

I showed my wife this and she just laughed haha. She wants to buy me a tank someday as long as I buy her an Aston Martin. She is a wonderful woman as long as I stay outta the flower beds lol

Is the guy still interested in selling that T-72 or anything else? I'd love to chat with him. 35k USD is an incredible price for a tank. Especially one more modern like the 72.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can check. I will PM you after I contact him. I am completely willing to share sources, but I want to make sure that he wants me to share his contact info. As I said, he is a big-time collector. I have seen other pics of his stuff and, seriously, most anything he owns is nicer than most of the stuff we see!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tank has been sold. I emailed him back to see if he had anything else of interest, but he has not yet responded to that question.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks