• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AWOLs 1997 M1097A2 Build

Awol

Finally able to get it in the sun, after seemingly endless rain. Looks pretty good. Still need to cut and buff, but I'd like the paint to be a little harder before doing it.

Also had the original hood and tailgate markings remade, and will go on the truck along with all the other original markings.

20240419_114003.jpg20240419_120926.jpg

Awol

Had a little whoopsie while buffing the hood. Burned the clear a little, right smack dab in the middle of the hood. Not a huge deal, just gotta sand it back and blend in some color.

20240420_142750.jpg20240422_170201.jpg20240423_132818.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Awol

Seems like you either need to use lighter grit and sand a little less OR paint thicker coats.

Been there. Done that.
I was in an awkward spot with the buffer, and stood it too much on its edge and burned the clear real good. Getting to the center of the hood on these things isn't as easy as you'd think lol

Just got done spraying the clear and blending it with UPOL #9 blending agent. Now I just gotta let it harden up, then a quick cut and buff on the repair and it'll be good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks