• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axel ID

acetomatoco

CUCV M1008s have drum brakes on rear. Calipers look kind of "Chryslerish read Dodge" to me. But at my age the memory provides slow recall and fuzzy images.

sermis

I did not ask if he added the disk brakes or not. I know the steering arms on the front were added. It has the plate to put the tie rod on top ot on bottom of the arms.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
14 bolt rear, Dana 60 front . Probably CUCV but if not Civy K-30 stuff. Nice haul! 60F are worth some jack.

Croatan_Kid

If I'm not sadly mistaken, it looks like they've already been under an M715. The rear spring perches are all the way outboard and the front is spring-under. Either way that's an awesome haul! D60 front with a crossover setup and a disc braked 14bolt rear! There should be a plain 60 at the bottom right corner of the front diff. Also it looks like he included an extra steering arm in case you want to do hi-steer. If you have no use for the crossover you can definitely sell that and make a few bucks.

sermis

They were under a M715. He moved the spring mounts on the front to under the frame so I will have to redo the front perches but back should be set right.

AJMBLAZER

Is that the front or the back?

The rear is definitely a GM 14FF that someone has converted over to disc brakes. If the calipers are from a 70's Cadillac El Dorado you should be able to run an e-brake. However they can also be done with GM 3/4 ton front disc components which are cheaper and more common but which results in no e-brake.
Front looks like my Dana 60 only converted to SUA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks