• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axle and transmission leaks and squeaks

Bobert

Ok, I don't know much about axles or transmission repair yet, But there is fluid leaking out of the back of the tranny, front of the rear diff, the diff seal cover.

It sometimes makes a squeak and it sounds like the driveshaft ringing under light acceleration, but not often. twice, When I turn it off and put it in park on a hill, when it shifted forward when i let off the brakes, it went CLANK.

The possible cause, It has been raining and flooding alot recently and I was driving around stalled cars in the street at the deepest, the water got to about 1 or 2 inches from the floor. I think I got water in places it shouldnt be.

What do i do now?

AJMBLAZER

Well if you think you got water in stuff then very shortly start changing fluids.

Is the transmission leak out of the back of the transmission itself or the transfer case?

Diff seal cover? You mean the big cover on the rear that covers your ring gear? If that is all then just do a fluid change and use a new gasket or RTV and your leak should go away.

CCATLETT1984

clank means change the ujoints really soon.

if trans fluid is coming from the rear of the tcase, that seal can be done with it in the truck. (its a 15min job)

leaking from the pinion is not a hard seal to replace (other than getting the pinion nut off).

Bobert

The rear is leaking out of the cover and pinion seals I think.

And it is leaking out the t case where the drive shaft goes in.

Somebody suggested my inner axle bearings wear bad, I was thinking u joints but ey were replaced about 9 months ago. It does shake at highway speeds and I just balanced my tires.

I will start changing suff, hanks for the tips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks