• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AXLE CLAMP RATEING

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are they the large or small ones?

I have a set of large ones, and it looks like the towbar would snap before these things gave out! I can't find any capacities in the TM.

acetomatoco

The double chain ones should be adequate to the strenght of the Medium Tow Bar, properly installed with the air hoses for brakes etc.. I can't find my towbar manual right now, but it listed the appropriate bar and adaptor setup for vehicles... Maybe somebody out there can find it...and post.

axle clamps hold a 5 ton cargo that has been converted to a tanker! citizen soldier and i just returned with the proof. we discovered that they don't work when towing a 5 ton with a winch. we had to pull the winch or the tow bar would hit. kind of a pain but that was the only way. all ways an adventure CS says.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
mangus580 said:
Was it missing the lift shackle mounts?

Hee hee...............

we need to tow bar a 5 ton tanker truck and the front shackle mounts are gone.

citizensoldier

I wish I had video of this one but didnt have the camera and it was 100 freeking degrees!! We used Dave's winch on his 5 ton to pull the winch off the tanker truck. Then set it on a back fireman platform on the truck to be towed! It was a long hot day in the cab of my deuce and in his 5 ton tractor.. Sorry guys no pictures I was slacking on this trip..
Anyway for future knowlege a tow bar on axle clamps hooked to a 5 ton with a winch will not work when flat towing. Probably work fine when using a wrecker because you pick the front up creating clearance.
In the manual it shows them with the chain around the bottom of the tube. that wont work either because of the steering arm on one side. So we had to mount them the other way... Long day it was!! :driver: :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks