• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AZ Newbie looking to buy

Ryanbmw

Hey everyone. I am new to the whole MV thing. I have always wanted a Deuce but could never justify the cost. Now that I am able to afford it, I want to start looking. The only problem is there are so many options out there. I am pretty set on an M35A2. I want it for fun weekend driving, but as a SHTF vehicle, I personally think the manual tranny and multi fuel makes more sense.

What are people's opinions on bobbed vs standard? Anyone pull a camping trailer with their truck? What towing setup do you use?

Is there anyone in the Carefree Hwy and I17 area that could get me a more up close look at a Deuce and the inner workings?

What is up with the major refurb companies wanting $35k+ for a crew cab conversion. I realize there are some major labor hours to do it, but that much for welding a couple cabs together? It's not like they are creating a new cab from scratch. Or am I wrong?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan,
Welcome aboard, contact "Castle Bravo" (Matt) , he is in Tempe, good guy and knows the equipment. He can probably let you look at a truck, maybe even sell you one. Lots of nice old trucks out there for a lot less than 35K, if you're mechanically inclined, they are easy to work on.
JC

WRMorrison

I'm in E. Mesa but will be taking my (by then) bobbed deuce through your area sometime in August; I think I'll try taking it on the Jeep club's annual run on the back way to Crown King instead of the Jeep this year. If you want to see how to bob a deuce, I may be able to get you in to help with mine this Saturday. I'm always game for extra help; just gotta make sure the shop it will be at will allow it.

-WRM

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!! I have a 1971 M35A2 that I would sell. Needs a little work.
PM if you are interested.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ryanbmw

Thanks to everyone. Unfortunately I can't do anything this weekend. My wife is in her third trimester so she is on me to finish all the projects around the house before the baby comes. Along those same lines, when I do purchase, I plan on purchasing one that has been gone over and renovated. I wouldn't have time to spend rebuilding it for the get go.

Has anyone had any experience with FTF industries in Cali? I lost out on a beauty they had on eBay. They are building another one right now to go on ebay, but I can buy it before hand and have them do what I want to it since they just finished redoing the engine and haven't sent it to paint or put back together. They seem to do some pretty spectacular stuff with MVs. I saw pics of an armored van they made out of an M35. Pretty awesome. I didn't ask how much that would be. I would imagine it would be at pretty close to six figures. For that money, I could buy a regular m35 and an M2 browning machine gun to mount in the bed.

WRMorrison

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks