• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B-pillar into a C-pillar

shanebaby

Could you modify a b-pillar into a c-pillar? With the cost of c-pillars on ebay going for $400-$500 with shipping thats ridiculous. You can get a b-pillar for around $200. Just cut the correct angle on the end and weld some brackets on. I was thinking of making my own hard top anyway.

orgnal

Could you modify a b-pillar into a c-pillar? With the cost of c-pillars on ebay going for $400-$500 with shipping thats ridiculous. You can get a b-pillar for around $200. Just cut the correct angle on the end and weld some brackets on. I was thinking of making my own hard top anyway.
I am sure any thing can be done. I don't know if the channels for the doors will work out. Also need to tap holes for the top rails. Feels like a lot of work ... But if you have the skills go for it.

McReddy

papakb

The B pillar is considerably heavier than the C pillar and would be some serious overkill as a C pillar. Not to mention youd have to add all the common sense fasteners to it. And yes, that's the real name for those 1/4 turn fasteners used to hold the top on.

I have 2 new black C pillars on the side of the house if you want one for $100 it's yours but it's in Ca. I have no idea what it would take to ship it to Ky.

PM if interested.

Last edited:

Stonewall

Wish I would have found you before I purchased my C-pillar. Shipping is not too bad, since it does not weigh that much. Just takes an oversize box.

Action

Just wrap them in cardboard. The c-pillar can have a skinny board put between the ends for strength. I have received b and c-pillars wrapped up.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a c pillar I would sell for $200 plus the shipping. Located in ga.

Sintorion

Agree with papakb. You would really need to be a master fabricator to pull it off, and if you have that skill, you probably wouldn't need to start with a b pillar because of the amount of work involved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks