• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B- pillar support bracket for m1151a1

Smoking Joe

Can I use the brace in the photo with no holes instead of the proper one which i cant find?

I am not building out the turret. I'll put a lexan top up there that I can open eventually. It has a sheet metal cover up there for now. The b-pillar is not supported in the middle. From the TM, I need 2510015479918. Which is part 6 in the diagram. I posted a screenshot from a vendor...the one with holes. Which is unavailable and expensive.

My question;
I was going to use some steel angle I have to support the pillar structurally and leave it at that. I found this other part...do you think it would fit inside the b-pillar channel and I could just drill and bolt it. Pic included of brace with no holes (from a 998 maybe).

Lastly I took a picture of my b-pillar of my truck (with my hand in it).

Thanks.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The black post is a structural support and the green cover is a not only a cover but connects the lower B-pillar support to the roof B-pillar.
I guess you can do anything you feel is justified.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks