• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back at it again

auron

Finally decided to stop playing around and get out of the Napco Ford medium duties. I picked up a 1970 m35a2 with a cobbled together fuel system. When I picked it up it had a 5 gallon tank tied to the troop seats feeding the main tank with an autozone fuel pump and filters in unknown condition. This tank would work but overflow the primary tank the whole time if was running. 20200810_194453.jpgI replaced the pump and filters getting it to run as it should. But as luck would have it when I came home with a set of a3 wheels and tires she idled for about 5 minutes and died. The fuel pump is still humming away but im getting no fuel at the bleeder valve. 20200826_172545.jpgTomorrow I'll inspect the primary filter housing and try to unravel the mystery of the mission fuel pressure.

auron

Solved it, the new fuel pump I have is humming like its working however the impeller isn't spinning internally. Taking the old lift pump apart it appears that it spins the impeller through magnetic induction but no hard connection.20200828_123823.jpg

auron

I called up secoparts.net who I bought the part from and they are sending a new one. I've already inspected the screen and I can't find any evidence of debris but because of the safety style screws on the new pump I am unable to take it apart and swap impellers.
I am going to go ahead and use this opportunity to give seco-parts a shout out they have phenomenal customer service and support, also their style of packaging parts is top notch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks