• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad IP pump ?

Mark2365

Well, I'm trying to bring back to life a M1009 . The guy ibought it from said the IP pump was bad and included a new one with the truck. Today I diconnected one of the injector lines and had my son crank it over, very little fuel came out, just kind of dribbled out. All the glow plug are working and each time I disconnect / reconnect the red or pink wire on top of the IP I get a clicking noise. I installed a aux elect pump on the frame and have a steady flow of fuel going to the IP. So can I replace it myself and besides intake gaskets what else will I need ? Does this indeed mean the IP is bad ?

Thanks
Mark

Mike_Pop

It's easy to replace the IP pump, just takes a little time and patience. See if you can get the correct wrench to remove the fuel lines. It will make life a lot easier. If I recall, it is a 16mm hex head. I removed an IP from an M1009 in about an hour and a half. Putting it back on was faster.

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks