• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Luck or Something Else? MEP-004 Frequency Issue

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked up some more generators (because I don't have enough). I have little reaponse on startup and no response when running with the frequency gauge. My digital handheld meter is saying 64hz out of the transducer and 64 hz at the mechanical meter, nothing showing on the meter. I have a tried 3 separate mechanical meters and all of them show nothing. Bad luck or something else? All my voltages and phases are fine and I've already load tested the unit.

Guyfang

Staff member
If you have an operational gen set, put the parts you want to test, into the operational set, and see if they work. Not the other way around.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turned out to be the transducer. What threw me off is that my digital meter would show 60 hz but that is because it has it's own transducer so the voltage coming out of the transducer didn't matter.

I couldn't find any info in the TM regarding proper voltage coming out of the transducer. Now that mine is working I am getting ~300VDC @ 60HZ output, the non working transducer showed 0.6VDC.

Ray70

If I recall correctly the transducer is the same as on an 002/003 and the signal coming out is not a voltage signal you're looking for.
I think on that machine it's a mA DC signal.
If you look on the face of the Hz gage on the right side, see if you see anything that says FS xx DC mA or anything similar.

jamawieb

Transducers and gauges are different for the 004a. They are only sold as a match set becasue the transducer and guages are for 50hz/60hz. Ive tried a 003a hertz gauge with a 004a transducer but it doesnt work. I just replace the transducer and gauge from a 002, 003, 802, 803.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Transducers and gauges are different for the 004a. They are only sold as a match set becasue the transducer and guages are for 50hz/60hz. Ive tried a 003a hertz gauge with a 004a transducer but it doesnt work. I just replace the transducer and gauge from a 002, 003, 802, 803.
The transducer and gauge on the 004, 005. and 006 are the same. I took a transducer off a 005 to fix this one. They are sold as matched sets with the gauge and transducer but I've found that it doesn't really matter. You are correct that the 002 and 003 are different.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks