• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bad luck today

nickd

So I get out of the house early with the intention of taking MA DEUCE and the 1919 for a rIde to the range. Pull the truck out of the garage and the outside dual is flat. SOB. There is a nail in the tire. Get out the robo impact drive up on a board and change the tire. Load up the truck and the clouds start to roll in short shower, pull the truck back into the garage. Do a couple of other things and the sun comes out. its 10:30 so back in the truck on the way to the range. Stop after 20 mins to check contents and the Mule are safe. find a stream of water pissing from the radiator. I just had it repaired before Aberdeen. Turn around and go back to the garage. The temperature never got above 190 and by the time I got to the garage the stream had stopped. Drained the AF and pulled the radiator to bring it back to the repair shop tomorrow.

OH well now the sun is still shining I will run the Z4 this afternoon instead

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least you are not stranded somewhere. Nice thing about deuces is they almost always get you home.

texas-5-ton

Your exactly right Kenny. My old 71 deuce never left me walkin'. Now she had to limp us home several times but she always got us there (knock on wood). Should have never sold that old truck . . . .

Chad
Station 76

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chad, is that a dumplomat policing vehicle in your avatar? When I first started this career I had an 85 Dumplomat. One of the guys at the shop was an old friend and he obtained a 360 from unknown sources. When the 318 went away (presumably from lack of oil) he slid the 360 in there. The K-9 guys never did figure out how come I could blow by them in any pursuit.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: bad luck today

Recovry4x4 said:
At least you are not stranded somewhere. Nice thing about deuces is they almost always get you home.
I just hired a 20 year veteran of motor pools...he says the only thing that'll kill a deuce is letting it sit! Man, I gotta get that paint blistering thing figured out so I can get my deuce back on the road.

texas-5-ton

Re: RE: bad luck today

Recovry4x4 said:
Chad, is that a dumplomat policing vehicle in your avatar? When I first started this career I had an 85 Dumplomat. One of the guys at the shop was an old friend and he obtained a 360 from unknown sources. When the 318 went away (presumably from lack of oil) he slid the 360 in there. The K-9 guys never did figure out how come I could blow by them in any pursuit.
LOL !! That WAS the DUMPlomat in the avatar. When I worked for DPS, my partner sent me that picture and I don't even remember what for. He said that clunker would only run 99 MPH wide open, even when new. Texas has 318's with the 4 barrels. My dad (who retired from a city police dept) had several diplomats and Fury's over the years and they sounded like they were chewin' up the road when he'd tromp on it but fact is, they just sounded tough.
IMHO, I liked my slick-top 96 chevy with the LT-1 the best. That thing was a go-getter, even though it looked like an upside down black and white bathtub.

Chad
Station 76

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: RE: bad luck today

Man Nick, that wasn't fun at all. You could put a gun ring on the Z4 to go to the range ;) That would turn some heads!!

nickd

RE: Re: RE: bad luck today

I can't even carry the 50 or the ammo in the trunk but it sure is a fast mover! Pulled the radiator dropped it off to get fixed. Had a new tube put in the tire for $42bucks. May look into getting the radiator re cored if it leaks again. This is the second leak in 2 weeks. The guy said he wont charge me for the second repar but its the in and out thats a pain in the butt. I am getting faster at changing tires and radiators.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks