• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banging Metal

dabtl

I have been doing some crazy things of late. I have some 20 ton jacks lying about and some wood that is largely useless left overs. So, why not put the wood to some use.

I have found by experimenting that using a hydraulic jack to stress metal with the wood as a ram extension and using a rubber mallet can transform bent hoods and fenders back to close to original shape if the metal is not creased. I have also found that using smaller jacks and wood with a metal mallet many pieces of bent sheet metal can be brought back into alignment.

Cheapest body work I have ever seen. :D I am getting pretty good at it with three deuces and the attendant dents and such.

Try it yourself in a pinch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks